- Upcoming Events: Indexers Rock! at the American Society for Indexing 2018 Annual Conference, in Cleveland, Ohio April 26-28, 2018. Highlights include “Indexing with Index Manager: Indexing and Embedding the Forest and the Trees,” a workshop with Pilar Wyman and Katharina Munk; a panel session “How to be the Interface between Publishers and Digital Indexing techniques” with Terry Casey, Jan Wright, and Pilar Wyman; and a dedicated software demo with Cindex, Index Manager, Macrex, and Sky.
- Upcoming Events: Indexing in Digital Environments with the Pacific Northwest Chapter of the American Society for Indexing in Vancouver, WA September 15, 2018. I’ll discuss indexing for digital publications, giving an overview of the current state of the field and the software, skills, and training that indexers need to work in it. We will also glimpse into future possibilities and trends. We’ll continue with a panel of indexers who are working in different digital environments, including Jan Wright, Sam Arnold-Boyd, and other local professionals.
- Index Manager (Idx) is now available in English. This modern, professional tool for indexing and seamlessly embedding indexes into core documents is especially useful for digital editions. It’s also great for indexing any MS Word- or Adobe InDesign-based publications. Write the index while finishing your core documents, embed accurately and easily, and then smoothly export for print or electronic editions. I highly recommend this new tool for quality indexing, time and cost savings. Check it out!
- The AMA Manual of Style, 10th Edition, a superb guide for authors and editors is available online. I highly recommend this editorial manual, especially for Chapter 13, Medical Indexes.
- The Institute of Certified Indexers (ICI) is accepting applications. Work with Certified Indexers ensures indexes of the highest quality. Join us.